Thursday, January 7, 2010

A little late for Christmas, but...

Here's some Gotländskt Julesnus Portions (2009)!!!



I know it's after Christmas but I didn't get a chance to jump on this one during the holiday season.  A delightful blend of holiday season(ings) with that swedish salty tobacco backbone in a portion that isn't too large for this snubie's lip.  I get some nutmeg & clove from the initial aroma (I know, I know, DON'T SMELL THE SNUS!) but either this one has a pleasing aroma or I'm just getting used to it.

The portion stays nice & dry for the first 30-45 min, when it starts to drip I'm reminded of mincemeat pie with a hint of ginger thrown in.   Definitely a winter-time type snus, this probably wouldn't go as well in the summertime.  I am disappointed that the tin doesn't have a portion lid, General has spoiled me in that regard I suppose.  Overall a portion lasts me a good 60-90 minutes before I tire of it, and I don't find myself immediately reaching for more, the aromas last a good bit after the portion is gone, which helps with rationing as well.

Definitely a thumbs up from the author, give it a try while you can still find it!  I will be curious next year if the formula changes.





0 comments:

Post a Comment